20 Exciting Games For Happy New Year’s 2020 Celebrations
Planning a New Year’s Eve get together? Well, let this list of 20 game ideas help you pick just the right activities to make your party perfect!
We want your planning to be as easy as possible, so we have rounded up some fantastic games just for you! Use one or more of these fantastic games to help you and your guests have a blast at your New Year’s bash!
1. Countdown Bags – Get paper bags and fill them with fun things for you and your guests to open on every hour of the night. This is a fun New Year’s game for all ages!
2. Slide Under the Broom – For this fun game, put a broom across 2 separate stacks of books and slide under it. If you knock the broom off the books, you are out. After each player has taken a turn, take a book off each stack and play again. Repeat. The winner is the last person who is able to slide under the broom without knocking it off. Fun!
3. Picture Scavenger Hunt – Print off pictures that you have taken with your family throughout the year, hide them all over your house (or any other designated area), and send your family or guests on a scavenger hunt to find the pictures. This is a fun way to look back at (and remember) great memories that happened through the year during your New Year’s party!
4. Family Guess Who – Get a game of Guess Who and replace the game pieces with pictures of your family. Guests at your party can take turns playing this fun and personalized game!
5. New Year’s Tree – Fill balloons with money or trinkets to turn your Christmas tree into a New Year’s tree using the items (sparklers, New Year’s party hats, or glasses). Your tree now has all the items you will need to make your celebration at midnight perfect! At midnight, pop all of the balloons, light your sparklers, wear the hats and glasses, and take home the small prizes that were in the balloons. What a great way to ring in the new year!
6. New Year’s Ball Game – This is an excellent game for your New Year’s party. Get your used wrapping paper leftover from Christmas (tissue paper and newspaper work great too), some packaging tape, and small gifts, candies, etc. Start making a ball with the items by wrapping the gifts into the paper and securing with the tape. By the end, you should have a large, over-sized ball. Then take turns unwrapping the ball and keeping prizes (the site has all the instructions on how to play the game). With this fabulous New Year’s game, everyone will have a blast, and some will even leave with fun prizes!
7. M&M Straw Game – This is a fun and silly game to play at your New Year’s party! Get some straws, bowls, and most importantly – M&M’s for a competition to see who can get the most M&M’s in their bowl. Awesome!
8. Balloon Pop Countdown – This is another fun version of counting down to midnight. Get some balloons, put papers with designated activities and games to do in them, and pop the aircraft at the appointed time for some awesome New Year’s fun!
9. Family Photo Trivia – Print off lots of pictures of family outings throughout the year. Then one by one, hold up the views. Whoever says what event the image represents gets the point (there are lots of variations on the game). Continue that until you have gone through all the pictures and the person with the most points can earn a small prize. What a fun way to celebrate the year with your family!
10. 20 Questions – This is an exciting game of guessing an item 1 person is thinking about in his/her head in 20 questions or less. Spice this fun and intriguing game up by having the item you are being asked the 20 questions about being related to New Year’s. It’s a great way to make the game relevant to your party and an exciting way to celebrate life.
11. Marshmallow Hoppers – Cut up some plastic cups, add a balloon and lots of mini marshmallows for ammunition, and now your kids will have the best time at their New Year’s party!
12. Eat a Donut Off a String – String up some donuts on a piece of ribbon or yarn, drape it across a large room, and let the kids eat the donuts using only their hands. The person who eats the donut the fastest wins!
13. New Year’s Eve Bingo – Play a fantastic game of Bingo, but mix it up a bit with anything that screams New Year’s – sparklers, party hats, countdown clock, etc.
14. Fizz Countdown – Work your way into a new year with this great science project – turned game! Assign a time that you are going to be creating the concoction and have fun seeing what the kids’ reactions are when it explodes. Awesome!
15. Bubble Jump – Make a fun game out of bubble wrap to keep your kids entertained during your New Year’s festivities. Put the bubble wrap on the floor while listening to music, then jump away while the music is going. Once it stops, the kids have to stop dancing. Whoever doesn’t freeze when the music turns off is out of the game.
16. Rolling Around the Clock – You need some dice and paper clocks to play this game…the first person to noon wins (see the site for more instructions). This is a fun and easy New Year’s game for the children.
17. Marshmallow Game – Have the children at your New Year’s get together transfer mini marshmallows from one cup to another using chopsticks (straws). The winner is whoever can move the most in 1 minute.
18. Balloon Stomp – Tie a balloon to the ankle of each player – then the players try to stomp on each other’s balloons. The person with the last balloon that didn’t get popped is the winner. What a fun game to play!
19. Popcorn Olympics – Use popcorn in a variety of fun games for your New Year’s party this year. They will all be a hit for sure!
20. Don’t Eat Pete – Have the kids play a fun game with M&M’s using the instructions provided in this post. The kids can’t eat a certain M&M, and if they do, they are out of the game. This game is exciting and yummy!